Retrain for a New Job or Career
Are you unemployed? The Worker Retraining Program can help you with resources to retrain for a new job or career.
You could be eligible for Worker Retraining support for any of the following reasons:
- Receiving—or eligible to receive—unemployment benefits
- Have exhausted unemployment benefits within the past four years
- Formerly self-employed and currently unemployed due to general economic conditions
- Unemployed veteran discharged within the past four years
- Unemployed or underemployed after having been dependent on another family member’s income, but no longer supported by that income due to separation, divorce, death, or permanent disability of the main wage-earner.
- A vulnerable worker (at risk of being unemployed) who meets two of the following three
- Your job is not in demand. (See the Local Area Demand/Decline Occupations list.)
- You do not have 45 college credits.
- You must upgrade your skills to remain employed in your current job.
- Automotive Technology
- Business, General
- Business Computer Technology
- Chemical Dependency Studies
- Computer Technology - Network Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Environmental Systems and Refrigeration Technology
- Fire Science
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Technology - Aerospace Electronics
- Industrial Technology - Electronics
- Industrial Technology - Machining
- Natural Resources
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Registered Nursing
Certificates or trainings without corresponding degrees:
- Medical Assistant
- Digital Design
- Welding and Fabrication
- Flagger Certification
- Forklift Certification
- Emergency Medical Technician
- CNA Fast-Track
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Teaching
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
To Check Eligibility
Before continuing, please verify that the program you are interested in is listed above in the "Qualifying Programs" section. If you are in a qualifying program and want to see if you are eligible for the Opportunity Grant at Wenatchee Valley College, please fill out our Interest Survey.
If you need questions answered or would like to speak to a Grants staff, please see the information below or email our department at StudentGrantsCenter@wvc.edu.
Student Benefits Navigator
Workforce Education Grant Coordinator