Supporting Students Experiencing Homelessness (SSEH) Grant
The Supporting Students Experiencing Homelessness (SSEH) Grant assists students experiencing homelessness and housing insecurity, or students that were in foster care at the time of graduating from high school.
ANY current Wenatchee Valley College student (regardless of what program they are in) who meets one of the eligibility requirements , may be eligible to receive support from this grant. Please read below to see if you may qualify.
If you would like to see if you are eligible to receive support from this grant, please fill out our Interest Survey and one of our staff members will contact you.
In order to qualify for this grant, you must fall into at least ONE of the following categories:
- Currently experiencing homelessness. This could look like any of the following situations:
- You are "couch-surfing" or temporarily staying with friends or relatives.
- You are sleeping outside or in a vehicle.
- You are sleeping at a temporary shelter.
- You might have a place to stay right now, but it is not a permanent, long-term living situation.
- Currently experiencing housing insecurity. This could look like any of the following
- You are unable to pay rent.
- You have received an eviction notice.
- You are worried that you might lose your current housing.
- You are worried you may become homeless if you do not receive support.
- Were in foster care at the time you graduated high school or completed a high school equivalency.
For qualifying students, this grant can help with the following:
- Emergency housing
- Rental assistance
- Eviction prevention
- Short term housing
- Access to technology
- Access to laundry facilities
- Transportation assistance
If you have questions or would like to speak to a Student Grants Center staff member, please reach out to a staff member listed below or email our department at StudentGrantsCenter@wvc.edu.