Default Font Size Icon

Types of Financial Aid

The Financial Aid Office at Wenatchee Valley College will provide applicants complete information about all types of financial assistance available, in an effort to minimize the financial burden of college education. In order for students to qualify for financial aid they must be in an eligible degree or certificate program at Wenatchee Valley College. Visiting students or students that will not receive a degree or certificate from WVC are not eligible for aid.

Program Information

Students can apply for any of the following financial aid programs by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the processor. Financial aid programs available include grants, federal work-study, and student loans. Grants are a form of gift aid and do not have to be repaid. Work study is part-time employment on- or off-campus. Student loans are a form of aid that must be repaid including interest. For information and applications, contact the financial aid office by phone (509-682-6810) or stop by the office on the first floor of Wenatchi Hall. There are four general types of aid:

Generally, gift aid is the most desirable for students, but not all students may be eligible. Self-support is good option, and many studies have shown that students who work part-time while in school tend to do better academically than those who do not. Loans are an important option, but students (and their parents) should borrow sparingly and only as much as needed.

The WVC financial aid staff work to offer students the best package of financial aid that is available based on available financial aid resources, cost of going to school, the student's calculated need, and other factors.