More WVC students are eligible for TRIO SSS than they realize!
The eligibility requirements for the TRIO SSS program are determined by federal guidelines.
For an overview of our eligibility criteria, check out this short video:
To be eligible, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate and
- Be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at Wenatchee Valley College in a college-level program and
- Intend to transfer to a four-year college to pursue a bachelor's degree and
- Not already have a degree from a four-year college or university
In addition to the requirements above, our students must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent nor guardian has graduated from a four-year college or university) OR
- Be low-income (according to federal guidelines*) OR
- Have a documented disability and are registered with the Student Access Office at WVC
*Refer to the Federal Low-Income Guidelines Table below. For families with more than
eight members, add $7,080 for each additional family member.
Note: "Taxable Income" is different from and often less than "Adjusted Gross Income". If you have any questions or difficulty locating Taxable Income, please reach out to us at email@example.com
|Household Size||Taxable Income|
If you have any questions about our eligibility requirements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, if you prefer, you can download a PDF of our application.