Cambridge International (CI)
Students may earn credit by demonstrating competency in a broad subject area or a specific course through Cambridge Assessment International Education (CI). Credit is awarded according to the following guidelines;
- WVC is not a testing site for CI and official scores must be submitted for evaluation.
- Students must have 15 WVC transcribed credits with a 2.0 or better GPA to be eligible for academic credit for prior learning (ACPL) consideration.
- Students must achieve a score of "E or higher" to receive a ‘P’ credit.
- A maximum award of 10 CI credits can be earned in a distribution area (maximum of 5 credits in world languages). CI credit will not fulfill the writing requirement for English composition.
- CI credit is not allowed if credit has been received for a more advanced class.
- ACPL credit is limited to a maximum of 30 credits required for WVC degrees or certificates. Workforce programs, specifically, are limited to 25% of total credits for degree.
- CI credit receives a “P” grade, will not affect the GPA and will not apply to WVC residency requirements.
- There is no fee for this evaluation.