The following is a list of trainings that employees can take during the stay at home, stay healthy or other directives, teleworking opportunities or to further the expansion of your mind. Some of the training will only be available for a short time and the list of training opportunities will be changing, sometimes daily. Please contact Tim Marker if you have questions about this webpage or the contents.
Supervisors may direct the employee to complete specific training or assign priority to specific training.
Employees: Email documentation to your supervisor at the end of each work day. Documentation can include a certificate of completion, a copy of the screen that indicates completion, or if not available, document the videos you viewed, the policies you read or the courses you completed by listing the title, date completed and number of hours/minutes. In lieu of the daily emails, with supervisor permission, this can be done using a teleworking log available on the HR webpage/Resources or at the link on this page.
Washington State Board of Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP has a treasure trove of webinars, trainings, and other resources on a variety of topics.
- EAP Resources Page (some resources are not available to WVC employees at this time)
Labor & Industries Workplace Safety
Upon completion, print the certificate, or the final test score, or a screen image of the final slide.
Northwest Independent Contractors Association (NICA) Safety
Review WVC Policies & Procedures
- All WVC Policies & Procedures
- 500.510 Teleworking Policy and 1500.510 Teleworking Procedure
- 500.115 Ethical Standards/Conflict of Interest Standards Policy
- 1500.600 Suspended Operations & College Closure Procedure
- 600.115 Travel Policy and 1600.115 Travel Procedure
- 600.630 Meals & Refreshments Policy
- Employees who participate in PERS,TRS, or DCP (1 to 60 minutes)
- A variety of articles on personal finance, budgeting, saving, investment, etc.
PeopleSoft Canvas Courses
For employees who use any of the HP systems (SMS, FMS, PPMS). Login to Canvas (must use Google Chrome browser).
- PeopleSoft Fundamentals
- Student Self Service
- Employer Self Service
For employees enrolled in a PEBB Medical Plan
- PEBB SmartHealth Well-Being Assessment (20-30 minutes)
- Various SmartHealth topics and activities. Earn wellness incentive points by completing activities. Select activities in your SmartHealth account. Receive $125 off your 2023 deductible for Uniform Medical Classic plan or $125 toward your HSA if you have the Uniform Medical Plan Self-Directed Health Plan, when you accumulate 2000 points by the qualifying date.
- Washington State Ethics Board Quiz (10-15 minutes - print the completion screen and send it to your supervisor).
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect (60 minutes)
- Department of Enterprise Services (DES) Online Learning While Teleworking (more details about these opportunities below)
- Return to Worksite Coronavirus Education
DES offers over 40 different trainings, including YouTube videos, TEDx talk videos, online training, articles and whitepapers, there is something for everyone. The trainings are updated most Mondays so check back often.
Engaging and Strengthening the Workforce during COVID-19
Workforce development opportunities are critical to a productive and engaged workforce. With the many challenges posed by the COVID-19 outbreak, DES WSD wants to provide learning opportunities to state employees directly related to their work, productivity, and engagement in a way that meets mobile work expectations.
Learning Path Definitions:
- Customer Service:
- Taking care of customer needs by providing professional, helpful, high-quality service and assistance before, during, and after customer requirements are met.
- Comprehensive, step-by-step instruction on how to effectively understand, use, and master tasks such as how to use computer apps (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) as well as general skills for work-related tasks (e.g. how to use a fire extinguisher, lift a box, etc.).
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI):
- Enterprise DEI foundational training will soon be launched for all state employees. The DEI competencies and definitions are already being used to help workforce and workplace success. This training path is to provide more foundational learning that helps provide learning and growth opportunities that are a part of successful workplace culture where inclusion and belonging are centered. These learning resources support the importance and value of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all state work.
- Self-leadership is the practice of intentionally influencing your thinking, feeling and actions towards your objective(s).
- Leadership During Crisis
- How leaders can effectively support and influence others to navigate and mitigate times of crisis.
- General Leadership:
- General leadership development expands the capacity of individuals to perform in supervisory and influencer roles within organizations
- Human Resources Training:
- This group of professionals is core and center to some of the COVID-19 response and its impact on the workforce. This path provides resources and information to support the learning and development of HR professionals as they do this work.
- Workforce Support During Extraordinary Times:
- This path is connected to resources offered through the Employee Assistance Program
(EAP). This path is focused on resources to provide support in navigating the impacts
of COVID-19 in our lives and connected to our roles as state employees.
- This path is connected to resources offered through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). This path is focused on resources to provide support in navigating the impacts of COVID-19 in our lives and connected to our roles as state employees.