Internet Resources during COVID-19 Crisis
- They will open their WiFi hotspots across their footprint for public use.
- They will offer Spectrum Internet Assist, our high-speed broadband program to eligible low-income households.
- New customers two free months of internet and WiFi to help households with students in Pre-K to 12 and/or college with their remote education.
- They won't terminate service for 60 days for residential or small business customers who face difficult economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic. Similarly, we won't charge late fees for those customers facing difficult economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
- Open public Wi-Fi hotspots open for anyone who needs them.
- Won’t terminate service of any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer due to an inability to pay their bill as a result of the coronavirus pandemic – and we’re waiving late payment fees for those customers.
- Suspending broadband usage caps for home internet customers.
- They have extended their network to include T-Mobile’s network for the next 60 days.
- Sprint said on March 13 that it has extended its network to include T-Mobile’s network as well for the next 60 days. Sprint has also signed the Keep Americans Connected Pledge and will waive fees and not terminate services if customers are unable to pay because of the coronavirus for the next 60 days. Customers with metered data plans will now receive unlimited data for 60 days. They will also receive an additional 20GB of hotspot data for the same period.
- Customers will be able to place free international calls to CDC-designated Level 3 countries.
- Will waive late fees and keep residential and small business customers connected if negatively impacted by the global crisis, the company said on March 13.
- It is also upgrading the data plan on its Verizon Innovative Learning program for Title 1 middle schools from 10GB/month to 30GB/month for the next two months, effective March 16.
- Adding 15GB of data free between 3/25 and 4/30.
- All current T-Mobile plans with data will be granted free unlimited data for the next 60 days, excluding roaming.
- T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers will be given an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot and tethering services for the next 60 days.
- Lifeline customers will be given an extra 5GB of data per month for the next two months.
- We understand that during these times, customers may find themselves in financial uncertainty. LocalTel Communications is here to help and we encourage those who are impacted to call us at (800) 992-2112 to find a solution that works for them.
Wenatchee Valley College is providing these resources for your information only, and listing them here does not necessarily signify an endorsement by WVC of the service providers listed.