IMPORTANT: The placement office is currently open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 8am-3pm.
We are still available over the phone and email. For the Wenatchee campus, contact 509-682-6830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Omak campus, if you have recently graduated high school or are transferring from another college or university, email transcripts to email@example.com. If you have applied to WVC recently, monitor your email for further information.
The Pre-Placement Questionnaire will help you determine if you need to take the placement assessments or if you might have other documentation that would place you in math and English classes. The Pre-Placement Questionnaire is not a test and takes less than five minutes to complete.
You should not take the Pre-Placement Questionnaire if...
- you have already earned college credit for both English AND math. Instead, send your college transcripts for review to firstname.lastname@example.org if attending Wenatchee, or email@example.com if attending Omak.
- you are a high school student who is interested in the Running Start program. Instead,
contact the Running Start Office directly at (509) 682-6920 or firstname.lastname@example.org for program eligibility requirements.
To learn more about the placement test and to access study material, visit Accuplacer's website.
- The placement test is not timed but usually takes students about 2 hours to complete.
- The placement test costs $24. Once you have completed the test, no refund can be issued.
- Test fee waivers are available. Complete the Placement Fee Waiver Request Form (PDF) and return to the appropriate campus. A request of a waiver does not mean that it will be granted.
- Valid photo ID is required to test. Please bring your receipt and ID to the test session.
- Calculators, pencils, and scratch paper are provided.
- Scores are valid for 3 years. Students must wait 3 months before retesting.
- If you have a learning or physical disability, contact Student Access Services at email@example.com or (509) 682-6854 or TDD/TTY (509) 682-6853.
- If you need an official copy of your test scores, please fill out a Placement Records Request form (PDF) and email, fax, mail, or bring it into the Testing Center.
- You can also access your scores by visiting the ACCUPLACER Student Portal.
- The Wenatchee Testing Center is located on the first floor of Wenatchi Hall. Email, call, or stop by to schedule a test firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 682-6830.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to your test. If you park in the Visitors Parking Lot, request a free parking day-pass at the Testing Center.
- Pay the test fee at the Cashiers Office in Wenatchi Hall prior to taking your test.
- Wenatchee testing is typically held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 2 p.m. and Thursdays at 9 a.m. However, this schedule is subject to change. Call (509) 682-6830 for the most up to date schedule.
Phone: (509) 682-6830
Fax: (509) 682-6841
Wenatchee Valley College
ATTN: Testing Center
1300 Fifth Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
- Call (509) 422-7803 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule an appointment to take the placement test.
- Omak tests are typically held Monday through Thursday at 8:30am or 1:30pm.
- Testing takes place in the Administration Building at 116 West Apple Avenue in Omak.
- If you are a high school student who is interested in the Running Start program at the Omak campus, do not take the Pre-Placement Questionnaire; instead contact the Running Start Educational Planner in Omak for program eligibility requirements at (509) 422-7848.
Ask your adviser if you are eligible for EdReady. EdReady is one of the options for placement into math courses at WVC.
If you have received placement at another Washington Community or Technical College, you may be able to use that placement at WVC. To do so, submit your placement documentation along with the Placement Reciprocity Request form (PDF) to the Educational Planning and Testing Center on the first floor of Wenatchi Hall or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Testing Center for other testing services.